Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Recipe Alert: Flourless Almond Butter Cookies

I came home tonight in the mood to bake some cookies...BUT I did not have any flour :(. So, I got googling away to find flourless cookie recipes. I found a lot for flourless peanut butter cookies. I'm kind of PB'd out so I thought why not make cookies with almond butter. This is exactly what I did. I made flourless LOW SUGAR almond butter cookies. Read on for the deets.

Ingredients:
1 cup almond butter (I used raw, crunchy)
1 egg
1/4c sugar
1tsp. baking powder
Pinch of salt
Optional: vanilla, cinnamon

The original recipe called for one cup of sugar. I only use a 1/4c because I did not want overly sweet cookies.

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Use a tablespoon to scoop out cookie dough on cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Cookies will look done but may be soft to the touch. Allow to cool for 15 minutes and cookies will set.

Makes 16 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment