Monday, August 23, 2010

SimpleGreen Bean, Corn and Tomato Salad




Last night for dinner I decided to make something other than my usual salad for my veggie fix. Just coming back from the grocery store, I had fresh green beans, some grape tomatoes and corn. So, I decided to make a simple green bean, corn and tomato salad. The charred green beans and tomatoes added great flavor and warmth to this dish! I hope you enjoy this simple recipe. Ingredients: 1/2TB. of extra virgin olive oil 1lb. of fresh green beans, cleaned and chopped into thirds 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced 1/2 pint of grape or cherry tomatos 1/2c. of corn, fresh, frozen or from a can 1tsp. of salt 1TB. of freshly ground black pepper In a hot saute pan, add the evoo. Turn the heat up to high and add the green beans. Stir every minute until the green beans have charred a little. Add the garlic. Add the tomatoes. All the tomatos to char, stirring occasionally. Add the corn, salt and pepper. Stir for 30 seconds and plate. Enoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment