Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Morning Meal During Ramadan




The holy month of Ramadan is in full swing and I have had a lot of readers ask me what I've been eating at 4am to keep me full all day. So here goes...I have nothing more than a bowl of oatmeal with coffee and a multivitamin. I do love the way I prepare my oatmeal, sometimes even the night before and I just warm it the following morning. Here are the deets on my morning oatmeal: Ingredients: 1/2c. of oven toasted oats 1c. Almond milk (I like the unsweetened kind by Silk) 1tsp. cinnamon 2 dates, sliced 10 almonds, chopped Preparation: Cook the oatmeal according to the directions, using almond milk instead of water. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until cooked. Servings: 1 This recipe is great as the oats contain fiber, the almonds contain healthy fats, the almond milk adds great creaminess and the dates add great sweetness and fiber. So, there you have it...my morning oatmeal is not only healthy but keeps me focused for 15 hours!

1 comment: