Thursday, September 22, 2011

Last Night's Prep...This Morning's Breakfast


Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
Good Morning Everyone,

For a while now, I've been meaning to try "Overnight Oats".  Yes, overnight oats are a no cook, quick prep of your oats.  With some left over pumpkin puree, I decided to make some pumpkin pie overnight oats.  First, let's go over the base of overnight oats:
1 part liquid
1 part oats
Any fill ins
A jar

Place your liquid (I used water), oats and fill in in the jar.  Store in the fridge overnight.  THAT'S IT!!

So, last night I made the following:
In a empty peanut butter jar (I save ALL my glass jars) I added 1/2c of oats, 1/2c of water, 1/2c of pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice powder. I stirred it all up to combine and put it in the fridge.  This morning I had a thick batch of creamy oats. I added about a 1/4c of almond milk, to break up the thickness. This was delicious!!

First of all, the addition of pumpkin puree is amazing.  For an extra 40 calories I added flavor and 5 grams of fiber!  This is definitely a hearty breakfast.  In 200 calories I got a jar full of oats, with an amazing flavor and got in 9 grams of fiber!

Be on the look out for more overnight oats recipes.  The flavor combinations are endless!

Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
Ingredients:
1/2c of oats (not instant)
1/2c of water
1/2c of pumpkin puree
1TB of pumpkin spice
1/4c of milk of your choice (I used almond)
Optional: pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, nut butters

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients, except for milk, in a jar and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours. After 6 hours, add milk and optional ingredients and stir to combine.

Enjoy!!!

Calories: 200
Weight Watchers Points: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment