Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Caffeine Overload?!?!?!

Last night, as I was prepping my coffee pot for my morning coffee, I started getting really excited.  I love coffee and I like it black and strong, but am I going in for caffeine overload?  Well, I started getting really excited for my coffee because I had a sample of Godiva's Creme Brulee coffee.  Hello.....CREME BRULEE!!! How can you not get excited for coffee flavored so deliciously?!?! Anywhoo, I filled up my pot with the amount of water my coffee tumbler can hold...about 12 ounces.  I then added 4 tablespoons of coffee to the pot.  Yes, 4 tablespoons! I always add 1 TB per cup, then an additional 2 for that strong coffee taste.  As I added the coffee, I looked at the back of the package.  The package said the whole sample makes 10-12 cups of coffee.  WHAT?!?!?!? I just used half the package on TWO cups of coffee!!!

Am I going overboard on the caffeine?  My morning coffee is the only cup of coffee I have all day. I don't feel jittery after having the coffee.  According to the mayo clinic, an average cup of 8oz. coffee has 100mg of caffeine. According to the coffee grinds I had from Godiva, I had about 5 cups worth of caffeine in my 2 cup coffee.  That's about 500mg of caffeine.  The mayo clinic suggests cutting back on caffeine if you are having more than 500-600mg of caffeine/day.

So, here's what I'm going to do.  Instead of putting in an extra 2 scoops at the end, I think I will put in just one scoop.  Hopefully this won't make a big difference in taste.  We'll find out tomorrow!

How much coffee do you guys drink?

PS: The creme brulee coffee this morning, was DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment