Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Day...

Today was a pretty busy day, but I managed to eat pretty healthy and even get a workout in. To start off, for breakfast I made myself a smoothie which consisted of half a cup of plain nonfat yogurt, 3 tablespoons of skim ricotta, 1 cup of frozen berries and one teaspoon of EVOO. I would have used skim milk to thin this out, but I ran out so I used water. Still, not bad for a 4 point breakfast! My breakfast kept me full for a little over 3 hours and then I went for a snack. These days I'm snacking on 2 point string cheese. I tend to eat a late lunch, so a couple of hours later I had another snack. This time it was a cup of plain, non fat yogurt, with a teaspoon of honey - a filling 3 points. After a couple of more hours I was ready for lunch. Oh yes, lunch consisted of 100 percent whole wheat pasta (3 pts.), with steamed broccoli and spinach, with a 1 pt. tomato sauce. Now this kept me full for a few hours, then I had another string cheese snack. After work I managed to get a great workout in, where according to the machines I burned 400 calories. A few crunches and weights later, I was ready for dinner. Dinner was a burrito bowl from Chipotle, however I am really particular about this. I always order the bowl with NO rice, a little bit of black beans, green peppers and onions, barbacoa meat (its the lowest calorie meat), a little bit of corn, tomato salsa, a little bit of guacamole and a whole lotta salad. For those of you who want to know, I really do say "a little bit" when ordering :-) I was also craving something sweet today at work. My wonderful coworker had mini reeses peanut butter cups - I had one. Overall, today was not a really bad day. My workout also helped me out a lot -considering its been a while since I got one in. Right now its after 10pm and I'm heading home, but still a little bit hungry but I think I'm too tired to even try to eat :-p. How has your day been? Did you stay on track today?

No comments:

Post a Comment