Tuesday, April 14, 2009

***Dinner Tonite*** Part 2

Hi Guys, So, here is my pasta dish. I created this dish with a friend the other night, but it was so good and easy that it went perfectly with my soup tonight :-) Like I said before, what I love about WW is you do not have to shun away from carbs!! Here are the deets on the recipe:
  • One serving of Whole Wheat Penne Rigate (I like Ronzoni Healthy Harvest) = 3 WW pts.
  • Salt, to salt the pasta water
  • 1/2 container of Grape or Cherry Tomatos = 0 WW pts.
  • Frozen Spinach (use as much as you like, I used about a handful) = 0 WW pts.
  • 2 Tablespoons of freshly grated Garlic = O WW pts.
  • Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (as much as you want) = O WW pts.
  • 1 Teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil = 1 WW pt.

Steps:

  1. Bring water to a boil in a pot
  2. Add salt to the boiled water, then add the pasta
  3. While the pasta is cooking, in a sautee pan, add a ladleful of the boiling pasta water
  4. Add the Grape/Cherry tomatos and sautee till they burst
  5. Add the Spinach, Red Pepper Flakes, and grated Garlic, sautee for another minute (add more pasta water if needed)
  6. Add the EVOO
  7. Once the pasta has fully cooked, add this to the sautee pan and toss
  8. Enjoy your 4 point pasta dinner :-)

What did you guys have for dinner?

4 comments:

  1. You know Kanwal, maybe you should go in with Weight Watchers and write a book....I have printed out four of your recipes and going to print this one. I LOVE pasta salad and this one sounds so good. You say frozen spinach - did you use frozen spinach that's sold in a bag? I have always bought it frozen in boxes. Thanks, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carol,

    You are really sweet! Thank you. I did use frozen spinach in the bag. I find it is easier to use, rather than buying the box, then defreezing the whole thing, when you really don't want to use the whole box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am feeling hungry just reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your sweet comments EntrepreneurNI!

    ReplyDelete