Saturday, August 30, 2014

Evening in Bocas Del Toro

Good Morning from Bocas Del Toro!



A few pics of the sunset I took yesterday evening, before dinner:





Last night Raj and I asked Jack and Lee for dinner recommendations in the area. They both suggested we try out El Ultimo Refugio. So, we took a taxi and headed there. 



Last nights menu:


This restaurant was awesome! The atmosphere was great with live music, overlooking the water. The restaurant owners are from D.C., the chef from Seattle and our waitress from Chicago!


Raj and I started by sharing an appetizer. We got the grilled octopus minus the chorizo. It was DELICIOUS!!!


The dish was on top of an eggplant purée and then topped with sunflower seeds and fried potato skins. 

For my entree I ordered the Shrimp Pesto Pasta. 


Although the dish had a bit too much sauce for my taste but the it was still very delicious. It was also so rich.  I ate half of this and saved the rest for later. The shrimp tasted so fresh and delicious. 

For dessert Raj and I shared the Peanut Butter Snickers Pie with Oreo Crust. 


This was a whole slice of pie but Raj and I clearly dug in like savages before taking a picture :-)

Mmmm....delicious. 

After dinner we walked around town for a bit. I love seeking all the colorful houses, watching the children play outside and seeing food being cooked on street grills. It was too dark for any good pics. Hopefully more tomorrow. 

After walking around we took a taxi back to the cabin. 

Now I'm sitting on the cabin deck:


We will head out to breakfast in 20 minutes and figure out how we will spend this beautiful day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment